Check our member directory for a full list of NCPFC members. Active members are in bold.
Not an Active member? Fill out the form and we will be in touch.
About Active Membership
If you are a contractor that employs a DC16 labor workforce, you are automatically a member of this association. Contractor members can become Active Members by signing on as an Active Member, which officially gives the Association bargaining rights to negotiate on their behalf. Active Members also have access to our member network, digital resources and can provide input on important initiatives that impact our industry.
We partner with labor to protect your work and research new markets to provide your company with more opportunities for growth. Benefits include representation, operational support, and workforce development.
We represent your business’ interests, so you remain competitive against non-union and encroaching trades.
- As a signatory contractor to District Council 16, we represent your business’ interests during and after negotiations, ensuring terms that allow for long-term sustainability.
- We represent you on Trust Funds and work to ensure a productive and positive relationship with labor.
- NCPFC strives to keep you competitive, ensuring our members have more opportunities against non-union and other trades.
- Our Association leverages the collective voices of our members to represent your interests in legislation and regulations that impact your business.
We provide support for your business operations, so you can focus on your company.
- As a member of NCPFC, you have access to a range of resources and support.
- NCPFC has a team of subject-matter experts who are ready to help you on issues, ranging from legal and safety, to HR and labor issues.
- Our timely member communications keep you informed on the latest industry news.
We help develop your workforce, so you have a strong, safe, and skilled team.
- NCPFC provides ongoing professional development opportunities for your office employees to grow their leadership and management skills.
- NCPFC leadership represents management on workforce training trust funds and committees that ensure your union workforce is skilled, trained, and safe.
NCPFC is a trade-specific association which falls under Northern California Allied Trades (NCAT). We are the united voice of the finishing trades, representing Bay Area painting contractor companies that employ members of Union District Council 16 (DC16).
We leverage the collective voices of our members to advocate, negotiate, educate and connect to support trade industries year-round. The contractor companies we represent range from large corporations to small, family-owned businesses. We want to make sure everyone has the opportunity to employ a talented, skilled workforce and work with DC16 to do so.
We have active members and signatory members. If you are a contractor that employs a DC16 labor workforce, you are automatically a member through contributions outlined in the wage schedule. Contractor members can become Active Members by signing on as an Active Member, which officially gives the Association bargaining rights to negotiate on their behalf. Active members also have access to our member network, digital resources and can provide input on important initiatives that impact our industry at no additional cost. Not sure of your status? Contact Brooke Fishel.
The associations are a powerful platform for businesses of all sizes to be successful, sustainable and drive the future of the industry. There are several benefits to active membership including training, networking and advocacy around key issues that impact our trades. For labor negotiations, active members can establish negotiation priorities, get additional insight and input before formal negotiations begin and even join the negotiations committee itself. For more information about membership, contact us.
United under NCAT, we provide opportunities for professional development like cross-industry training and educational opportunities to strengthen our members’ skills and make our members and their employees even more competitive. We also create a knowledge-sharing environment by connecting our diversely skilled and sized membership, creating a robust network of industries for our members to draw upon. By developing relationships within our association and outside of it, we make our industry stronger and more resilient.
As a union signatory contractor, there are certain rules and regulations you agree to abide by in running your business. Learn more about this relationship, and how your association supports the management-union relationship on your behalf through our DC16, Trust Fund, and Legal Team explainer videos, which walk you through your responsibilities.
Learn more about the various ways you can benefit from your NCAT membership, including what it means to become an Active Member, how we work with the union to advocate on your behalf, and the training, events and industry updates we offer throughout the year to keep your business in compliance and informed.